Monday, May 31, 2010

A body of work!

Today I finished the fabrication of the body work and I am so relieved! This is the first time I have ever made anything out of aluminum sheet metal and I have to say it was a bit of a challenge. I did something a little unusual in that I kept most of the edges really sharp. I like the stealthy look of it and it will really compliment the sheet metal fork as well. Originally I intended to make the seat and tank one piece all welded together but after experiencing how much stresses will cause some welded areas to crack I decided it would be best to fasten them together. The vertical seam matches a detail on the fork which will help pull it all together.